1. Tell us about yourself:
My name is Jess and I’ve been at Beachside for 7 years! I’ve done competitions, nutrition challenges and classes through 2 pregnancies.
2. What do you do for a job?
I’m a nurse and I work in the NICU at CMH. I’ve been a NICU nurse for 13 years and just recently switched from VCMC to CMH.
3. Tell us something people might not know about you:
I can make my eyes shake.
4. What brought you to CrossFit in the first place?
A good friend of mine, Ali Shuman, told me she worked out there and that I should try it out! I went and watched a class and was so impressed that I signed up and have been hooked ever since!
5. What was your first impression? How has that changed?
At first I was really intimidated and there were times I wanted to give up, but after learning proper mechanics and increasing weights I felt more confident. It’s been so rewarding seeing how much my body can do!
6. What was your first “bright spot”?
My first “win” was deadlifting over 200lbs
7. What are you working on now?
I would love to learn how to do a bar muscle up!
8. What’s your favorite Beachside Crossfit memory?
Beachside Beatdown 201